District No. 14, Township 18, Range 11
Board of School Directors
W. F. Schewe, President Will Unland, Clerk Harold Meyers
The Star School is located four miles east of Beardstown on the cross-road between the State and Chandlerville Roads.
On May 9, 1894 the Board met at Mr. Finney’s residence and authorized the clerk to post bills for an election for the purpose of selecting a site for a school house and also for the purpose of issuing bonds of the district to the amount of $600, the election to be held at W. B. Schute’s residence May 19, 1894. The election was held and the site selected was the NE corner of the SE quarter of Section 18, T. 18, R. 11.
The district was made up of parts of the Arenz, Bluff Springs and Brick Districts.
The land for the school site was donated by Henry Bockemeyer. The school house was completed on August 23, 1894 at a total cost of five hundred and twenty-nine dollars.
The first board of directors consisted of Martin Finney, W. B. Schute and Edw. Kloker. The first teacher was Miss Kate Caldwell, who taught a good school for the term of six months at a salary of $35 per month.
Past teachers include: Misses Nettie Rohn, Emma Rethorn, Maggie Terrill, Emma Hagener, Rebecca Terrill, Isabella McKinnell, Pauline Lange, May Johnson, Norma Kloker, Esther Schaeffer, Beulah Mathews and a Miss McGlinsey. Miss Nora Clowes taught the term of 1913-1914. Miss Nellie Blohm will teach the school during the coming year.