District No. 41, Township 17, Range 12
Board of School Directors
John Holtman, President H. J. Roegge, Clerk John Tegeder
This school is located in the Korsmeyer neighborhood about twelve miles southwest of Beardstown.
It was built in 1866 and has been repaired and remodeled several times. At present its condition is excellent.
The building is in a large grove of oak trees which certainly gives it a rustic appearance.
The pupils attend the parochial schools a part of the year.
Although the enrollment is not large this is one of the busy school rooms after the pupils all enter.
The first teacher was Wm. Theele and the first directors were Frederick Korsmeyer and George Pankey.
The record shows that the following persons have taught this school: Misses Ella Doerr, Birdie Fisher, Bessie Rearick, Grace Emerich, Marie Schweer, Marie Arenz, Minnie Large, Lela Stucke. Messrs. Harry Niestradt, Oliver Emerich, Wilbur Burrus, Roy Burrus and Charles James.