District No. 39, Township 17, Range 12
Board of School Directors
Edw. Keil, President Wm. H. Dufelmeier, Clerk H. Dufelmeier
This school was built in 1850 and was first used as a German and English school.
Some years ago the Hagener Literary and Debating Society was formed and the members held many hot and exciting debates and spelling matches at this school.
The teachers of this school have been: Misses Rose Oetgen, Nettie Rohn, Margaret Terrill, Pearl Shaw, Maude Webb, Lydia Schuman, Clara Hinners, Emma Warnke, Erna Schmidt, Monta Dempsey. The teacher for 1914-1915 is Miss Marie Wise.