This building was originally the home of a German Methodist Church. The structure was next occupied by a Christian Church group around the year 1910. That church disbanded in 1933, due to a lack of funds caused mainly by the effects of the Great Depression. A couple of years later the building became the home of Beardstown’s Nazarene Church. The church was gutted by fire on February 28, 1963 and later demolished. The Nazarene congregation then erected a new church, dedicated on December 6, 1964, at 10th and Jackson Streets.