District No. 38, Township 17, Range 11
Board of School Directors
Richard Launer, President A. H. Ruppel, Clerk Frank Morrison
This is the largest one-room building in the county and is in excellent condition.
It is well lighted, has a high ceiling and the yard is fairly well shaded.
The school house site is far from the center; either the school house should be moved or the boundary lines readjusted. The inconsistency of the Hagener and Buck district lines is shown very vividly when one knows that the pupils living one quarter of a mile from the Hagener school must go two miles in order to reach the Buck school, which is their own school.
This school can, and should be, made one of the real-live schools of the county and this is just what many of the people of the district are endeavoring to accomplish. It has been a long, hard pull for reasons that cannot be explained. We trust that the day is not far distant when all the patrons of the district will be in entire unison for better school conditions in every respect.
Misses Anna Kirchner, Margaret Terrill, Alice Hinchee, Rebecca Terrill, Helen Ring, Eva Dickens, Grace Pond, Pauline Lange, Phronia Clarke, Ursula Chambers, Erna Schmidt, Miss Meyreis and Oliver D. Emerich have taught here.
George E. Clarke taught two months of the 1914-1915 term and was succeeded by Miss Minnie Maddox.