District No. 12, Township 19, Range 11
Board of School Directors
Wm. B. Harris, President J. W. Blohm, Clerk Earnest Tuecke
The Birch and Limbo schools are in the same district and hence are under control of the same board of directors.
The first school house built in this district was made of logs and was on the site of the present building. It had no conveniences. There were no desks. Benches, which extended the entire length of the room, were used as seats for the pupils.
The second school house was a frame one and was destroyed by fire in 1869.
The present structure was then erected and it contains all the modern conveniences.
Excellent work has been done by the pupils of this school. Among those who have taught here are: Nora Clowes, Eva Hager, Ula B. Wise, Lela Lupton and Geneva Hierman.
Miss Mildred Southwell is teaching her first term here during 1914-1915.