The greenhouse in the above image was located on the southwest corner of 5th and Adams Streets. W. H. Druse constructed a greenhouse at that address in 1893. Later, Frank Burtenshaw either leased or purchased the business. At the time of the photo, the greenhouse was most likely owned by the Frank Brothers.
The Fourth Ward School stood on the northeast corner of 5th and Adams, at 316 W. Fifth. The building was declared unsafe due to the effects of high water. In 1914 it was replaced by Beard School, located on higher ground – the site of Beardstown’s first city cemetery.